About Me

My former blog was recently infected by malware, so now I am starting fresh.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Green Eggs & Hamlet

a) What do you know about Hamlet, the "Melancholy Dane"?  b) What do you know about Shakespeare?  c) Why do so many students involuntarily frown when they hear the name "Shakespeare"?  and d) What can we do to make studying this play an amazing experience we'll never forget?

a) Honestly, I am not really familiar with Hamlet. -I am looking forward to learn more about Hamlet in the future of this class.
b) I do know that Shakespeare wrote many famous works of literature that is used as part of curriculum all around the world due to its fine use of vocabulary and writing style.
c) Many students involuntarily frown when they hear the name "Shakespeare" because they know it is time to read something that doesn't really makes sense at first because of the language, but then once the students study and analyze the text more, then they come to appreciate the theme and ideas Shakespeare was trying to make.
d) Honestly, I cannot think of a way that we can use to make studying this play an amazing experience, but I am looking forward in hearing about the different ways my colleagues will all suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment